Sunday 25 November 2012

No Alibis

I was walking past  No Alibis bookstore on Botanic last week with the tiddler, when she spotted a book in the window and dragged me over to have a look. I'm not a big crime fiction fan, so I'd always assumed that I had no reason to pop in. Not so. Emily had spotted the cover of a new children's book, Lemon Baked Cookies, and wanted to go in. Being a two year old, she immediately headed for the (breakable) Tiger Who Came to Tea tea-set and made me a cuppa. I was a bit on edge in case she broke it and eventually consigned it to 'the kitchen' (otherwise known as a really high shelf) to get washed and we got on with exploring the books.
Emily was delighted to find herself a Justin Fletcher joke book while I was pleased to spot a huge stack of Liz Weir's When Dad Went Away, some books on evolution, lots of Oliver Jeffers and a Julia Donaldson book I'd not come across yet. Liz and Justin went in the basket and I gave a wildcard to Elliott by Tobin Sprout because I liked the pictures... I'm a sucker for nice pictures. We were kindly given a small discount and Emily a by-ball for picking up a book and trying to leg it out the shop hoping she wouldn't be spotted. The books have really hit the spot and will be spending quite a few hours in here in time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment