Saturday 21 June 2014

Dear Zoo



A while back, I went through our book collection and recycled some books which were past their best (read: falling to bits). This included our copy of Dear Zoo, by Rod Campbell. I was a bit sad about this as I'd shared it many, many times with the girls (causing the falling to bits!) but they'd not asked for it for a long time so it had gone unnoticed. Emily graduated from nursery this week and she was given a Bookstart pack as part of her leaving pack and she was delighted to find a copy of Dear Zoo in it. Here she is, getting her memory book.



 After Abigail was collected from school, we had a group snuggle and read it together. Turns out Emily would have kept the snake, not sure how I feel about that one! It's really hard to get Abigail to sit down with a book (her reading homework has been a difficult experience to say the least) so it warmed my heart to see her actually take pleasure in reading a book for a change. This morning she picked up a book and asked me to read it to her, the first time she's done this in probaby six months. And for that, I'm eternally grateful. Thank you, Rod Campbell!

No comments:

Post a Comment